Monday, January 17, 2011

Hymn Book with History


Then Sings My Soul Special Edition
Trade Paper with French Flaps
By Robert J. Morgan
Stories of the most favorite and beloved seasonal hymns of faith.
Don't look for a dry recounting of boring historical fact, the devotional-style stories in Then Sings My Soul show the emotion and drama behind the hymns of faith that have changed many lives throughout history. Designed to be personally reflective, these stories speak to the soul and add depth to a meaningful worship time with God through song.
Recounted are stories of the people whose faith led them to write these wonderful seasonal hymns and the people whose faith was affected by reading, hearing, and singing the songs.

___________________________________________________

I really enjoyed this book. From the color, the look and feel of the pages to the information that was given on the songs. I also liked how the book was broken into different catergories - making it easy to peruse for the songs that I know and love. This book is like a hymn book with the history on the song, which is great because I always wondered growing up where the songs came from. I would recommend this book to anyone who would love to know where the songs orginated from.I received this book from Thomas Nelson in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment